27th February – 4th March 2020
A warm welcome to the website of Inverness Music Festival.
Our festival runs in February or March annually and is organised and run by Inverness Festival Association, a local charity run entirely by volunteers.
The 2020 Festival will again take place at our very popular venue – . Eden Court Theatre in Inverness over 6 action packed days concluding with the Premier competition on March 4th in The One Touch Theatre.
2020 Music Festival
Our New syllabus will be available from 10th October.
Our motto for 2020 is ‘Perfomance for Everybody!’. Whatever your age, stage or style, you should find something you can come along, involved and enjoy.
NEW FOR 2020
You can enter online! Please register with Run My Festival via this link
We also accept paper entries by post to the Festival Office.
Thank you to everyone who took part in our feedback survey last year, and to the many many people who made constructive and helpful comments. It is YOUR festival and we have tried to incorporate some of the many good ideas.
- String Classes have been amalgamated into Lower and Upper Strings – this should mean we have larger classes with more to enjoy.
- Open Show Case – Classical Music, Small groups – get together with friends and family, and challenge yourselves to come along and give a performance.
- New Themed Piano Competition- Piano as so popular last year, we wanted to give our pianists more than one opportunity to play. We plan to have a new theme each year if this is successful- This year the theme is a recital on the theme of Dance.
- Traditional Whistle – by popular request, we have introduced classes for whistle players
- Traditional Music Performance – Open Solo Recital now open to ALL instruments.
- Sing and Sign Competition, and Non Competitive classes for solo and groups with additional support needs.
- Choir Showcase- Following the success of last year’s Big Sing, 2020 will see us host a choir showcase in the One Touch Theatre
- STARLIGHT MUSICAL THEATRE COMPETITION – New Trophy and Prize for a Musical Theatre Performance.
- Veterans Talent Show – Fun performance session for any performance genre – 60 or over only!
- Recital Class for audition, concert, exam practice and feedback
- Nervous Adults Class – never performed before in public, want to give it a try- we will provide a really supportive atmosphere.
- Devised Drama – Work out a short scene and come along and perform…
* Scottish Country Dancing is BACK! Looking forward to this in the One Touch Theatre
* BATTLE OF THE BANDS is BACK! Supported by Belladrum –
- Debates are back!
- Lets hear more Gaelic in the Festival – hoping to hear some gaelic choirs. We have reintroduced own composition stories and poetry to Speech for both Gaelic and non Gaelic.
- Many many old favourite sessions can still be found
Do have a look at our festival syllabus and let us know your comments.
Download the Syllabus (pdf) and entry form. Paper copies can be found at local information centres
A provisional timetable is available
Closing Date 20th December.
A BIG THANK YOU to those who nominated us for Festival of the Year at the Scottish Hospitality Awards. We were honoured to receive a HIGHLY COMMENDED certificate.
Memories of 2019? See below for last year’s winners… Be inspired!
Please Support 2020. Get involved — PERFORM, WATCH, VOLUNTEER, FUNDRAISE, ENJOY.
We desperately need VOLUNTEERS all year round. PLEASE let us know if you have time to spare. Whether you can offer a regular commitment, or a few hours during the festival, we would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
Please visit our Volunteers section to help.
We are also looking for new sponsors for our classes and sections- just a small financial contribution makes a big difference,
We will be launching our 2020 Prize Draw in December and are looking for some great prizes – can your company help?